Skip to main content
What to Expect at a Dungeon Party
- Show Up On-Time to Orientation: Orientation introduces basic party etiquette and club rules.
- Expect the Unexpected: Members who are participating in scenes will be engaging in a host of different activities that can be tantalizing, shocking, or both. Activities may include flogging, spanking, rope suspension, cutting with scalpels, punching, kicking, and trampling. Dungeon parties embody the fun and uncensored world of kink.
- Tasting Booths: Dungeon parties occuring on the 1st Saturday of each month feature dedicated tasting booths that allow members to try specific types of play. Toy bag tours are also available so members can familiarize themselves with the toys and implements used in BDSM activities.
- Consent: Participation in activities at Voodoo is always consensual, never required nor expected. Many members come to dungeon parties to socialize and watch, not necessarily to play. Utilize the Long Negotiation Form and the Short Negotiation Form as desired.
What to Expect at a Swingers Party
- Show Up On-Time to Orientation: Orientation introduces basic party etiquette and club rules. Swingers parties are BYOB; a bartender is on duty, and basic mixers and sodas are available. Members must be 21+ to attend a swingers party.
- Fun and Games: Swingers parties feature games such as Cards Against Humanity and Naughty Jenga, music for dancing, and plenty of comfy furniture for socializing. Semi-private areas are available for more intimate play; a swing in the middle of the room allows for more public activities.
- Consent: Participation in activities at Voodoo is always consensual, never required nor expected. Many members come to dungeon parties to socialize and watch, not necessarily to play.
- No BDSM Play: While Voodoo primarily identified as a BDSM club, such activities are prohibited at swingers parties.
- Always be Courteous: Members will be performing activities that may be uncomfortable to watch or be around. Voodoo’s outlook on this is: "Your kink isnt my kink, but your kink is ok.” Express any concerns about an activity to a Dungeon Monitor (DM). If an activity is particularly offensive, feel free to enter the social area until the activity has ended.
- Ask for Pronouns: Members may not identify with the pronouns you assume they use. Always ask for others’ pronouns when first meeting them, and always offer your pronouns when introducing yourself.
- Dont Touch: Always ask before hugging someone, even if you know them. Ask before touching or picking up someone’s toy or property (which may include other people).
- Respect: Respect everyone’s identities and lifestyles.
- Maintain Discretion: Members may be secretive about their participation at Voodoo for various reasons. Never try to pry information from another member, and do not mention another member’s presence or activities outside of the club, even to other members. If a member is encountered outside of the club, ignore them and keep walking unless an understanding exists between both parties.
- Watch from a Distance: Some members get distracted when someone is standing too closely to them, while others just have a wicked backswing. Always watch from a distance and never get into someone elses personal space.
- Talk Elsewhere: Hold all conversations in the social area. Talking in the dungeon should be limited to museum-quiet comments, not questions or sustained conversation.
- No Phones: Phones are not allowed to be used in the dungeon.
- No Photos: Photos are not allowed in the dungeon unless approved and observed by the Manager On Duty.
- Apologize for Mistakes: A simple apology goes a long way towards earning respect.
- Comply with DM Requests: The DMs are there for the safety of everyone in the dungeon, players and bystanders alike.
- Know the Rules: Dungeon rules are there for everyones safety both in and outside the playspace.
- Follow Gut Instinct: If something or someone doesnt feel right, walk away. You don’t have to play with someone or participate in an activity that you don’t want to. If a proposition feels especially alarming, talk to a DM or the Manager On Duty.
- Clean Equipment: Properly clean equipment using Envirocide when finished using it for the safety and enjoyment of the next user.